Cases are provided here to help you to apply the knowledge discussed in this module. These cases are based on real-life patients encountered in clinical practice and all names have been changed to protect patient confidentiality.
We describe cases where investigations are:
- helpful to confirm or refute diagnoses.
- helpful to assess monitoring of disease or medication.
- Case 1 - a child with a swollen joint which highlights looking for red flags in the clinical assessment.
- Case 2 - a child with generalised aches and pains.
- Case 3 - a child taking immunosuppressive medication.