Musculoskeletal Problems in Chronic Conditions
Many chronic conditions may involve musculoskeletal features that involve joint, muscle or bone pain. These include genetic conditions, metabolic diseases and orthopaedic bone pathology.
We provide some examples and more information for some of these is provided in the sub-modules:
- Genetic conditions: Downs syndrome: Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- Metabolic Disease: Mucopolysacchridoses: Osteomalacia.
- Orthopaedic Bone pathology: Hip conditions, Knee conditions, Back conditions, Fractures.
- Hypermobility is a feature of normal development and in some cases, may be extreme and cause symptoms.
- Chronic Idiopathic Pain (refers to pain where pathology has been excluded): Growing pains. Chronic pain syndromes.