Arthritis & Conditions
This module covers the essentials of key musculoskeletal conditions.
- Arthritis - what the term means and the spectrum of causes that present with single or multiple joints
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA) as the most common form of chronic arthritis in the UK, with descriptions of the different types of JIA, Uveitis as the main complication of JIA and how JIA is diagnosed.
- Multisystem diseases including Juvenile Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Vasculitis, Juvenile Dermatomyositis, Periodic Fevers, Auto-Inflammatory diseases and how multisystem conditions are diagnosed.
- Red flag conditions including septic arthritis & osteomyelitis, malignancy, Non-Accidental Injury, Tuberculosis.
- Chronic Conditions including Osteomalacia (Rickets), Genetic conditions, Orthopaedic conditions, Hypermobility, Chronic Pain and Growing Pains.