- This module covers essentials of normal healthy joints, bones of the skeleton and how these are described.
- We also provide information about normal musculoskeletal development including motor milestones, patterns of walking, leg alignment and variations (so called normal variants).
- Normal variants may often cause concern with parents and carers (such as flat feet, knock knees or bow legs).
- Knowing what is normal will help you to suspect what is not normal and when to consider musculoskeletal problems.
- We provide guidance on when to be concerned about development and normal variants.
- Blood tests are often used in the process of assessment to diagnose and monitor progress. We give information about the normal ranges for blood tests which vary with age.