When to refer to paediatric rheumatology
Referral to paediatric rheumatology is warranted in the context of:
- Suspicion of inflammatory disease (joint or muscle).
- Suspicion of multisystem disease (e.g., rash suggestive of vasculitis, Raynaud's, uveitis, fever of no apparent cause).
- Limp that is not resolving.
- Swollen joint(s).
- Clumsiness (especially if a change in ability).
- Back pain.
- Limb pain.
- Joint pain that is not resolving.
- School avoidance due to musculoskeletal pain.
- Any red flags in relation to the above.