- Describe the spectrum of causes of a swollen joint (monoarthritis) and swollen joints (polyarthritis).
- Develop an approach to making a diagnosis with emphasis on clinical skills and careful use and interpretation of investigations.
- Describe the importance of diagnosing of Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA) early in the disease course.
- Describe the classification of JIA and its relevance for prognosis and management.
- Recognise the importance of eye screening in JIA and the possibility of JIA-associated uveitis.
- Appreciate the spectrum of multisystem diseases that can present with joint swelling and when to be concerned.
- Outline the approach to management in rheumatic disease.
- Describe the side effects of immunosuppressive medicines.
- Describe the roles of the members of the multidisciplinary team.
The learning outcomes for each module within pmm have been compiled into one document within the site resources section for your reference.