- Generate a differential diagnosis for a limp.
- Recognise that trauma can be a 'red-herring' and that further assessment may be required in a patient presenting with persistent limp.
- Identify conditions that should not cause limp, including growing pains.
- Recognise the role and limits of clinical assessment and investigations in the evaluation of a limp
- Identify circumstances when to be concerned and when to seek specialist referral in a limping child (orthopaedics, rheumatology, general paediatrics, or neurology).
The learning outcomes for each module within pmm have been compiled into one document within the site resources section for your reference.