Cases are provided here to help apply the knowledge discussed in this module. These cases are based on real-life patients encountered in clinical practice and all names have been changed to protect patient confidentiality.
We describe cases to highlight different clinical presentations and approaches to investigation and management.
- Monoarthritis (Swollen Knee) - Oligoarticular JIA.
- Painful Fingers with Stiffness - Juvenile Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
- Swollen Toe - Juvenile Psoriatic Arthritis.
- Fever and Arthritis - Systemic Onset JIA.
- Fever and Arthritis 2 - Chikungunya arthralgia.
- Fever and Arthritis 3 - Blastomycosis.
- Fatigue and Muscle Pain - Juvenile Dermatomyositis.
- Fever and Systemic Features - Visceral Leishmaniasis.
- Fever and Pain - Osteomyelitis.
- Swollen Joints and general malaise - Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis and Disseminated Tuberculosis
More cases are available in PMM-nursing and focus more on management.